Documentation for meeting tourism model
Authors: Jie Zhang and Tobias F. Rasmusson
This report is a technical document including data, model structure and modelling results.
Based on the experience from the previous project for VisitDenmark (VisitDenmark, 2012; Zhang, 2014) during the period 2011-2012 and the UNWTO manual for the meeting activities (UNWTO, 2006), VisitDenmark and CRT have agreed to start another similar project for evaluating the economic and employment impacts of meeting sectors and meeting activities in Denmark.
The purpose of this project is to:
- conduct the new surveys both at the place of meeting and at the place of meeting tourists overnight
- follow the same definition for meeting activities as we defined in 2012
- use the same methods we developed previously, however, we must accept that there are certain changes due to more recent interview data
- develop a new version of SAM-K and the LINE model that can provide the credible data for meetings tourism
- analyse the economic and employment effects of meetings tourism
- propose the political initiatives in order to support the wide interests among the meeting arrangers and MICE enterprises (Meetings, Incentives, Conferences and Exhibitions).
Senior researcher, Copenhagen, model team, PhD, research & analysis
Development of tourism satellite accounts, impact assessments and tourism destination development.